The gastrointestinal tract consists of a bunch of organs that collectively work as a team for maintaining a healthy digestion. Diseases associated to the GI tract refers to an imbalance in any of these organs, namely oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, rectum, liver, gallbladder, and pancreas. In such cases, visiting a gastroenterology specialist in Dubai would be advisable. They will help in curing and caring for patients suffering from gastrointestinal diseases.
There are a set of signs, that if one observes them ahead of time, then they can avoid future complications. Symptoms like nausea, gas and diarrhea are common and do not lead to serious medical conditions. On the other hand, rectal bleeding, abdominal pain, and fever might be indication to make a visit to gastroenterology specialist in Dubai.
Common diseases related to the GI tract are:
1. Irritable Bowel Syndrome: is a combination of abdominal pain and discomfort due to the frequent contraction of colon muscles. This causes a different bowel movement.
2. Haemorrhoids: is when a pool of red blood is seen in the toilet bowl. Then, this can be caused by the inflamed blood vessels near the anal opening which is likely for people with haemorrhoids.
3. Diverticulitis: when small pouches arise in the weakened areas of the digestive system, most commonly in the colon. These pouches tend to inflame and bleed, thus, an immediate treatment should start.
4. Celiac Disease: targets the small intestine when gluten is consumed. If not cured, the sufferer will eventually be unable to absorb nutrients.
5. Crohn’s disease: chronic condition where the immune cells attack its own body cells. This causes irritation and inflammation to the GI tract.
6. Gallstones: are hard, fat deposits, the size of a golf ball, in the gallbladder. They tend to block the passage to the intestines, causing a sharp abdominal pain.
These can cause serious health issues, so a gastroenterologist should be consulted if one has a doubt. In Dubai, the Lapsurgery is a well-known clinic meant to cure such diseases.